Support Team Macintosh Technical Manager
You are an exceptionally talented Apple Platform Tech Manager with more than 5 years of experience and ACTC 10.7 Certification or better. You are a problem solver who loves managing tech-savvy technicians. You thrive on the ever-changing day-to-day challenges that require immediate problem solving. You take responsibility for scheduling and completing technical projects with your technicians. You can communicate complex technical processes to customers with computer/network related business problems. (Familiarity with Microsoft Windows platform a plus.)
Join our growing company and help us:
- Manage the technical staff and incident ticket system
- Provide remote support to clients
- Provide technical assistance to sales staff in preparing quotes to customers
- Provide on-site I.T. support to customers when appropriate
- Support technical staff with resources and equipment
- Maintain Tech Resource Assignment Calendar
- Coordinate support activities with sales opportunities
You are a self-starter, highly motivated and work well as part of a team. Experience with service industry, education and large corporations a bonus. A passion for learning about Apple technology and products highly desired but not required.
- Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand training sales within an assigned territory.
- Prepares a plan for each account to identify what and how short and long term needs may be met.
- Forecasts the demand for training service(s) within assigned territory.
- Provides reports on the budget and training sales activity for a given period of time.
- Interfaces with the students/clients to understand the students/clients overall objectives and requirements.
- Shares details with students/clients on additional offerings to provide value added service.
- Ensures that sales, engineering and training departments provide post-implementation support to assigned accounts/clients.
- Prepares and conducts technical/service presentations and demonstrations.
- Participates in trade shows by representing the organization and sharing information on our offerings.
- Provides feedback to marketing and engineering teams for future training/offerings/enhancements.
- Shares ideas and clients needs throughout all phases of training cycle (plan, design, integrate, manage).
- Contributes to the quarterly and annual business forecasting by providing account trends and sharing future clients needs
You are a tech savvy Apple System Engineer with a comprehensive understanding of the detailed technical aspects of the Mac and iOS platform support. You have the Apple Platform technical expertise along with ACTC 10.7 Certification or better. You are flexible with the always-changing, day-to-day interfacing needed with clients on-site. You enjoy troubleshooting Apple hardware/software and OS X servers to resolve client problems. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows platform a plus.
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identify alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources.
- Applies generally accepted programming and troubleshooting standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic, repairs and data manipulation.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring and documenting operating systems and software.
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to users (clients) in the development of operating systems and software.
- Implements tools and facilitates text formatting and file conversion and transfer.
- Installs and supports electronic printing systems, including type font development, management and documentation.
- Installs software and user utilities for modification and upgrade of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Manages hardware maintenance and repair activities.
- Diagnoses and resolves hardware problems.
- Acts as liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to the problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
- Works with others to develop alternative system and software designs.
- Recommends selection, approval and acquisition of hardware, software, networking components and services.
- Installs, configures and tests workstations with supporting hardware, software and networking components.
- Consults with clients to refine and test applications to ensure integration meets defined needs.
- Interfaces with business community to provide ongoing training and support.
- Travels to client sites to perform all of the duties indicated above.
As part of the Creative Resources Technology Group (CRTG) team the System Engineer will have the opportunity to work on systems for large to midsize organizations. We need a person that can multi-task and handle the unexpected. You will be engaged in remote support of our support clients, being the first line of technical defense for our user base.
The System Engineer will be responsible for analyzing and resolving network-related server, workstation (desktop, laptop, notebook, smart phones, etc.), printer and application problems utilizing available resources.
- Certifications Preferred: Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP).
- At least three (3) years of experience with troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing computer hardware, printers, industry-recognized software applications and workstation operating systems.
- At least (1) year experience analyzing and resolving network-related server, workstation, printer, operating system and application issues in LANs.
- Thorough knowledge of Mac OS X v10.8-10.11, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Apple Retail experience as Mac Genius a plus.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and in a team environment, focus on client satisfaction and exhibit continuous learning behaviors.
- Have the ability to communicate with end users at all levels within a company.
- Must enjoy being part of a team environment, willing to work on projects from start to finish in a professional and timely manner.
- A high level of self-motivation.
- Possesses an outgoing personality with a strong work ethic, drive and relationship building skills.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and follow-up on multiple concurrent tasks.
- Learn new applications and technologies on the market, as necessary.
- Document all troubleshooting fixes, changes and updates performed.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Regular attendance, consistency punctual, dependable and conscientious.
Tier I ACSP (Helpdesk)